Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to transfer a large some of money from AIB to a UK account

Options
  • 02-06-2021 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to transfer a large sum of money from my AIB account to an English account.

I tried to use Wise (Transfer Wise) but it's asking me to do a more traditional transfer as the amount is high. Problem is AIB requires me to have a card reader to do this transfer.

Does anyone know what the quickest way to do this is with AIB as I don't have the card reader?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Qrt

parc wrote: »
    I'm trying to transfer a large sum of money from my AIB account to an English account.

I tried to use Wise (Transfer Wise) but it's asking me to do a more traditional transfer as the amount is high. Problem is AIB requires me to have a card reader to do this transfer.

Does anyone know what the quickest way to do this is with AIB as I don't have the card reader?

Tbf the quickest way is probably to just order a card reader. Or go in branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Housefree

Get a lend of the card reader, most AIB customers have them

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

Can I ring up and ask them to transfer it. It's pretty urgent and can't afford to wait for the card reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Qrt

Can I ring up and ask them to transfer it. It's pretty urgent and can't afford to wait for the card reader.

The larger the amount, the trickier it is to transfer funds. That’s just how it works. Only way to find out is to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

You probably have it done by now

But for large sums (over 10k) the easiest way is to go into any branch and fill out the paper sepa form, you'll need identification and your bank link card.

It'll go into the next days batch once checked by your branch.

Its a bit archaic but it helps stop fraud I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement