Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ridley X Ride 105

• 02-06-2021 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭

I'll stick this up here to see if there's any interest.

Ridley X Ride CX bike 105 groupset hydraulic brakes, original spec at the link below. Size 56cm

https://www.billybilslandcycles.co.uk/dpt/pgr/2016-ridley-x-ride-20-105-disc-cyclocross-bike__6072

I bought this a year ago off Donedeal from a chap who bought it and used it very little because he really wanted a MTB, it was very lightly used by the previous owner, still had the original CX tyres on it.

I put 4500km on it since I got it, used it for canal towpaths, bog roads and up on the Curragh and also with a different set of wheels and 32mm GravelKing slicks as my winter bike on the road. I fitted a compact crankset when I got it but the original FSA 46/36 is back on now.

The bike is mechanically very good, it's had new cables, BB and headset while I've had it and brake pads recently too. The frame is pretty good too but there are some marks and a bit of heel rub on the chainstays.

The Gravelking 32mm slicks are fitted at the moment, I'd throw in the 32mm challenge grifo CX tyres that it came with as well OR I can supply 37mm WTB Riddlers thatcame on the bike I upgraded to, they are used but decent. I had 38mm GravelKing SKs on this bike so there should be no issue with fit.

I also have SKS speedrocker mudguards that work very well on this bike if required.

It's a nice bike good for gravel riding as well as the option to do a CX race or two when that time come round, rock solid commuter with slicks.

Asking €800

554754.jpg

554753.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭nilhg

Should have said I'm based in Rathangan Co Kildare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭cletus

What height are you, nilhg

cletus wrote: »
    What height are you, nilhg

184cm

I'd say it will fit a bit either side of that, there are a few spacers both under and over the stem and plenty of adjustment in the seat post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

My son was just onto me yesterday to say his mate was looking for a bike around the €700 mark. I'm trying to find out his exact height but I'd reckon he's around 6'1" or 6'2" so around 185 to 188cm.

What length is the current stem? I presume the wheels are Quick-release? Do you know what model year it is? Can't see from the pictures but are the cables external or internal?

Thanks, Paul

My son was just onto me yesterday to say his mate was looking for a bike around the €700 mark. I'm trying to find out his exact height but I'd reckon he's around 6'1" or 6'2" so around 185 to 188cm.

What length is the current stem? I presume the wheels are Quick-release? Do you know what model year it is? Can't see from the pictures but are the cables external or internal?

Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

Stem measures 110mm, QR wheels is correct, the link I posted above puts it as a 2016 model, the man I bought it off told me the the chap he got it from told him he got it new but it had been in stock for a few years, I have no way to know if that was correct but the condition of the bike made it ring true.
    The cables/brake hose slot into the down tube but reappear at the bottom bracket and run externally to the rear and up to the FD, loads of access and space to do any maintanence required.

I would think that someone of that size would be fine on the bike but really the only way to know for certain is to sit on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭C3PO

Threaded BB?

C3PO wrote: »
    Threaded BB?

Yes, came with FSA but Shimano SM BBR 60 in there now

Speaking of BB, I have a FSA Omega crank and BB combo with 46/30 rings that will fit if someone wanted that gearing combination. The shaft on that crankset is 19mm so BB would have to change but the one I took off my new bike is like new.

nilhg wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Stem measures 110mm, QR wheels is correct, the link I posted above puts it as a 2016 model, the man I bought it off told me the the chap he got it from told him he got it new but it had been in stock for a few years, I have no way to know if that was correct but the condition of the bike made it ring true.
    The cables/brake hose slot into the down tube but reappear at the bottom bracket and run externally to the rear and up to the FD, loads of access and space to do any maintanence required.

I would think that someone of that size would be fine on the bike but really the only way to know for certain is to sit on it.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure it'd fit him OK. Worst case a 120 stem would sort it. I'll chase him up and get back to you ASAP.

I presume it's still got the 11-28 cassette? You hardly have something bigger knocking around? Maybe 11-32 or even 11-34? I also don't know if he drives! He could always get a bus down and do a nice spin back over the Wicklow Gap!

Offer €700 with Gravelking Slicks and Speedrocker mudguards and either the 46/36 or 46/30 cranks tbd.

• Advertisement

Offer €700 with Gravelking Slicks and Speedrocker mudguards and either the 46/36 or 46/30 cranks tbd.

Offer accepted

Bike gone to it's new home, a pleasure to deal with Paul.

Advertisement