Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Normal for dealers trying to shift current stock?

• 01-06-2021 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ What Username Guidelines

Been considering an upgrade when PCP in up at start of September, or perhaps sooner, but keep meeting the same issue with multiple dealers. I have a trim level in mind and have it spec'd and priced on website but multiple dealers from two brands are all saying "you'll be waiting months", lots mention semi-conductor shortages, etc. All I'm getting is emails about current stock, new and used, with mismatched specs.

Is it just a matter of putting the foot down and getting the order in? Presume this puts me on the backfoot attempting any sort of discount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭ Jizique

Been considering an upgrade when PCP in up at start of September, or perhaps sooner, but keep meeting the same issue with multiple dealers. I have a trim level in mind and have it spec'd and priced on website but multiple dealers from two brands are all saying "you'll be waiting months", lots mention semi-conductor shortages, etc. All I'm getting is emails about current stock, new and used, with mismatched specs.

Is it just a matter of putting the foot down and getting the order in? Presume this puts me on the backfoot attempting any sort of discount?

Discount? No chance.
    As a manufacturer said to me, “you can’t discount a car you can’t build”.
    No need for them to cut prices, even with zero sales to rental.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Hellrazer

New stock is all over the place at the minute - a lot of delivery delays due to covid. Dealers are trying (being pushed) by manufacturers to move the stock that's actually in stock before placing orders.

The good side of that is there are a lot deals around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭ Lantus

Sounds like flexibility could be a good move?

Advertisement