Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Rostrevor/ Warrenpoint

Options
  • 01-06-2021 4:55pm

I am on currently selling our home in Dublin, and am living at home in Tipperary with my partner and daughter. We have a few months to find a new place, ideally before October, because we'd like the kid to settle into pre-school and make friends.

At the moment we are looking mainly at Rostrevor and Warrenpoint. Prices there are vastly cheaper than the Republic, and we love the area.

I'm not familiar with South Down, apart from these areas. Is there anywhere else with good schools, in that region, where we should be looking? We are not particularly keen on Newry, but open to something else -- up to, not including Belfast, for price reasons.

Has anyone here moved from the south to northern Ireland? Are there any notable bureacratic barriers, especially when it comes to schooling?

Both myself and my partner have UK passports so I don't think Brexit will be an issue, not that it would be anyway.

Any practical advice much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement