Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hijackers flying abilities cast into doubt

• 01-06-2021 3:11pm
    Site Banned Posts: 15

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and generally believe the official story. One thing though that really grabs my attention is how the hijackers could have flown the planes into the WTC's and Pentagon.

Many expert pilots describe the maneouvers as 'advanced' for novice pilots. They had only been training since 99/00's so 1+ years. That was on small engine Cessna's. That seems a short enough time to learn how to fly.

What even makes it seem implausible is the fact that the flight instructors said that many of the pilot hijackers (in particular Hani Hanjour) seemed totally disinterested in learning. And yet he went on to crash a Boeing 757 into the Pentagon with a complicated turn.

Now, a rebuttal to this is that it's not at all difficult to fly a huge commercial jetliner. Anyone can do it with basic knowledge. The most difficult aspect is landing and taking off which the hijackers refused to learn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Land? Where we're going, we don't need to land

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

alexdlinz wrote: »
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist and generally believe the official story. One thing though that really grabs my attention is how the hijackers could have flown the planes into the WTC's and Pentagon.

Many expert pilots describe the maneouvers as 'advanced' for novice pilots. They had only been training since 99/00's so 1+ years. That was on small engine Cessna's. That seems a short enough time to learn how to fly.

It was considered within the hijackers abilities to fly those planes into their targets
    What even makes it seem implausible is the fact that the flight instructors said that many of the pilot hijackers (in particular Hani Hanjour) seemed totally disinterested in learning. And yet he went on to crash a Boeing 757 into the Pentagon with a complicated turn.

The turn wasn't actually too complex, a novice, with about the same level of training as Hani managed to hit the Pentagon 3 out of 3 times on a proper simulator, performing the same maneuver.

Hani wasn't held in very high regards by the trainers, but he received his private license and his commercial license and got a result of satisfactory
    Now, a rebuttal to this is that it's not at all difficult to fly a huge commercial jetliner. Anyone can do it with basic knowledge. The most difficult aspect is landing and taking off which the hijackers refused to learn.

They didn't need to take-off or land

• Registered Users Posts: 80,669 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

If someone with less than 10 hours on MS Flight Sim could do it that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod - OP is site-banned. Looks like thread lock didn't copy over.

If anyone wants this re-opened with new evidence or viewpoints, please PM me, Trigger or Quickbeam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement