Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance, date test passed?

Options
  • 01-06-2021 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭

Resurrecting an old thread, but its the "youngest" I could find. I'm in the middle of renewing my insurance, and one of the questions asked ( Allience online) is" Date Test Passed", and it shows a paragraph * can be found on your Driving Licence* So I google this and the RSA site, and it says 4A ( which is date of Licence issue) and 4B ( date of expiry ) but I cannot find any test date. I think that Allience may mean a date thats on an UK Licence. Anyone come across this recently? The site wont allow me to proceed until I fill in these details. Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread.

I'd use Issue date.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The date the licence was first issued for each category of vehicle is shown in column 10 on the back, that's what they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

biko wrote: »
    Moved out from old thread.

I'd use Issue date.

Thanks for the input biko, but that would not work as I have already put "more than 10 years" in the insurance questionaire, and the date of issue of the present licence is 19.12.20, which would only give me 18 mths.
    Coylemj has the right of it I think. But even then I have problem. My original licence was the pink booklet type, and when it expired, I traded it in for the credit card one, and that gives the test date Dec 1990....for all categorizes. But the actual test dates on the old booklet type were different for each category *understandable, as I did the tests on diferent days* But the new licence has lumped them all together on the same date.....Anyway, I suppose that I will use the new date, as its more than 10 years old, and its whats on the licence, and it answers the insurance question. Thanks again to the two of you for your help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm pretty sure my issue date is the date of initial issue (doesn't change with renewal of licence).

Looking at my licence it's column 10 like coylemj said.

biko wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure my issue date is the date of initial issue (doesn't change with renewal of licence).

Looking at my licence it's column 10 like coylemj said.

Ah Yes, I see where you are coming from now..My present licence was renewed on 12 /2020 but the original was issued 12 / 1990 ( actually as I mentioned previously, it was several years earlier than that, and it was the pink booklet type :cool: ) But somehow, it got lost in translation.......:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭dennyk

1990 is already over 30 years ago (oh god, that's painful to say...). It's very unlikely there would be any difference in premium for someone who's been driving for 30 years vs 35 years (or whatever). If you'd first gotten your license one year ago vs. five years ago, then yes, that would most likely affect your premium, but in your case it should not affect anything, so I wouldn't worry about it.

dennyk wrote: »
    1990 is already over 30 years ago (oh god, that's painful to say...). It's very unlikely there would be any difference in premium for someone who's been driving for 30 years vs 35 years (or whatever). If you'd first gotten your license one year ago vs. five years ago, then yes, that would most likely affect your premium, but in your case it should not affect anything, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, I'd agree with you there, but insurance, and insurance in this Country especially, if you have any reason to make a claim, you better have crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's...because if there is a flaw or wrongfully information on the proposal form, they will exploit it, for sure !!! I'm happier now anyway to have the correct date entered.
    Thanks for your input.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jmreire wrote: »
    Yes, I'd agree with you there, but insurance, and insurance in this Country especially, if you have any reason to make a claim, you better have crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's...because if there is a flaw or wrongfully information on the proposal form, they will exploit it, for sure !!! I'm happier now anyway to have the correct date entered.

You're right to be extra cautious, for the reason you outlined.

But if an insurance company tried to weasel out of a claim on the basis that the difference between passing the driving test 30 or (e.g.) 35 years ago constituted a 'material fact', they would be on very rocky ground. At this stage, neither you nor they can establish exactly when you did the test, only that it was on or before the date shown on the back of your licence.

Advertisement