Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV box streaming

Options
  • 01-06-2021 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Apologies in advance as I am an absolute dinosaur when it comes to technology so any help greatly appreciated.

I currently have 2 TVs - a Philips 46 inch which I bought 10 years ago and a Samsung 48 inch bought 7 years ago. I recently acquired a TV box which I have had the following intermittent issues with:

- Buffering
    - Picture can become quite pixely at times
    - Picture can be quite jerky/stuttery
    - When watching football the ball turns quite blurry when travelling long distances

I don't think the problem is the TV box as I've tried it on my friends TV and it works fine.

I don't believe it's WIFI related as it has happened when I have hard-wired the TV box into the router.

I don't think it's my broadband speed as I have a 1GB package and while it never reaches that it would rarely drop below 600MB

So my question is do you think my problem is my TVs are too old and not capable of keeping up with the stream speed and if so what key specification feature do I need to prioritise to address this when buying a new TV which I am about to do now anyway coincidentally?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

may be bad quality streams your watching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭andy1249

robson7 wrote: »

I don't think the problem is the TV box

What box ?
    There are lots of dodgy black boxes being sold today and what most of the buyers do not know is that they are illegally tapping into illegal content stolen off the likes of Sky or Virgin.

These criminals dont have the money , or obviously dont want to spend the money , on decent multi user servers so the more people tapping into the dodgy stream , the worse the quality gets for all the users.

The problem almost definitely is the box , and the only real solution is to have nothing to do with this criminal activity and dump the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robson7

Thanks for the feedback

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@robson7,

Please read the sticky at the top of the forum about dodgy TV etc boxes/streams/services, you can find it here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057612680

This topic is not welcome here.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement