Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Savings Bonds

Options
  • 01-06-2021 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am looking to invest a lump sum of money for 10 years. I have checked out my local bank and the returns are disappointing and I think that the stock market is too risky at present. Has anybody tried An Post Savings Bonds? It seems a safe way of investing with a decent return over a period of time but I may be wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I am looking to invest a lump sum of money for 10 years. I have checked out my local bank and the returns are disappointing and I think that the stock market is too risky at present. Has anybody tried An Post Savings Bonds? It seems a safe way of investing with a decent return over a period of time but I may be wrong!

Absolutely safe, guaranteed return, no risk. After that, you make your choice - go with the known return or risk on the unknown return.

Before the last crash, I had two sums invested, one with post office bonds and one with a bank. The economy crashed and burned, but the post office bond matured and paid out what it said it would. The bank bond was investment stake guaranteed, so I at least got my money back, but no interest for the ten years that they held it.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I have invested in 10 year savings bonds. The rate is ok, it was much better a few months ago. It's safe..that's the main thing

Advertisement