Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Komoot Issue

• 31-05-2021 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ Maxx355

Hi, I am using Komoot for the first time and have been planning some routes with it. I'm having an issue with trying to avoid a 12% gradient hill 200 yards from my door. When I do a route manually and save it, the route recalculates and brings me up the hill and not down, going up also brings me into heavy traffic as opposed to the way I want it to route. I'm probably missing something with it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bluejohn1

Maxx355 wrote: »
    Hi, I am using Komoot for the first time and have been planning some routes with it. I'm having an issue with trying to avoid a 12% gradient hill 200 yards from my door. When I do a route manually and save it, the route recalculates and brings me up the hill and not down, going up also brings me into heavy traffic as opposed to the way I want it to route. I'm probably missing something with it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

If your trying to make a route, I’d use the desktop website. I find the app pretty limited and frustrating when wanting finer control when planning a cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ hesker

I haven't tried the desktop website but I have used MapMyRide to create a route and download it as a gpx file. Then upload to komoot. Fairly straightforward and no issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭ crosstownk

I find Ride With GPS quite good - both website and app but the website is easier to use.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭ eeeee

Another Ride With Gps fan. Easy to use and download routes to your device.

Advertisement