Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Car Main Dealers in Louth

Options
  • 31-05-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any reliable car main dealers who will stand over any warranty they issue.
    Recommendations based on your personal experiences would be best.

If, on the other hand, there any dealers I should avoid, it's probably better to PM me!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

Conaghys in Dunleer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Conachys seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

smiths drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

Thank you Blingrhino - (I bought my last car from a Ford main dealer)

I don't really think any main dealers will run away from their warranty, especially on a new car?

A friend bought a Focus from Smith's a few years ago, during the summer. They offered a 6 month warranty. About 7 months later, we had torrential rain and the car flooded. Smiths didn't want to know.

Kieran's Motors (not a main dealer) on the other hand were really good with my sister in law who bought a car off them and had issues.

Everyone will have good and bad stories, but with main dealers my anecdotal experience is that they will absolutely honour warranties, but once the warranty is out, it's out. Doesn't matter if its only a day out or a major issue, you're on your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

What was he/she expecting them to do about a flooded car?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    What was he/she expecting them to do about a flooded car?

Sorry, when i say flooded, i don't mean the car got washed away with bad weather. I mean there was obviously a leak somewhere, and the footwells got flooded with rainwater.

Advertisement