Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C-section questions

Options
  • 31-05-2021 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi, I'm going in for a section in just over a month and I was wondering if someone could answer some questions for me. It's my second section however last time it turned into a general anaesthetic and section as my babies heart rate dropped so there wasn't anything routine about it.
    I'm just packing my bags and was wondering how many nighties to pack. I prefer pj's and I've packed some pairs of those as once the catheters out I want to change into them but for the surgery itself, do you wear your own nightie/dressing gown going down to theatre and for the surgery or do you have to wear a hospital gown for surgery? Would one nightie be enough if I have to wear a hospital gown for the procedure itself just to change into afterwards? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Congrats, planned sections are a totally different experience, so much less stressful. I'm in the same situation and would rethink pj's for the first couple of days as they're so difficult to get on after surgery, plus the waist band can sit right on the scar point.

It's a few years since my last section but I think you wear a gown to surgery - maybe someone with recent experience can update on that. The hospital should give you a sheet with all the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

Yeah I'd heard it was a different story with a planned section! I actually found the pj's more comfy after the last section which is why I'm reluctant to buy too many nighties! I'll have to check with the hospital how many to bring! Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gupta

Gown to surgery, then changed into nightdress after it. I put on pj's the next morning when catheter was removed and I had a shower, didn't bring any other nightgown.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

Gupta wrote: »
    Gown to surgery, then changed into nightdress after it. I put on pj's the next morning when catheter was removed and I had a shower, didn't bring any other nightgown.

Great, thanks for that info.

Advertisement