Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 person + dog inflatable

Options
  • 31-05-2021 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Any advice on a suitable inflatable 2-person kayak which can manage 2 persons and a small dog, intended for light recreational use on calm waters? I was looking at the ITIWIT x100 from Decathlon as it has the drop-stitch floor but these seem to be out of stock.

I then started looking at all drop-stitch kayaks, floor and sides. Not what I consider the extremely expensive ones mind you (over a grand). They look so more streamlined and faster, and much less like a banana boat. But would they be a little too unstable when bringing Fido?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

I have a Sea Eagle Fastrack for about 10 years now, got it when dropstitch tech was fairly new. Only the floor is dropstitch in it. There's a newer model out now the last few years looks to have made some small improvements on my model. Anyway its been through all sorts of scrapes and bangs and has stood up perfectly. Its hasnt needed repair of any kind. I was wary enough at the start but have complete faith and trust in it now. I've done some long aul trips in it.

I have the 385ft model and it is comfortable for 2 adults and a small dog. There is a bigger model for 3 people aswell. Its so stable that you can stand up paddle it on reasonably calm water. Inflatables seem to be getting much more popular now and I guess this is the decathlon effect, I looked at their stuff and it seems quite good and much cheaper than the competition.

Check out Seaeagle.com for all their models, I think they have a full dropstitch model aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    I have a Sea Eagle Fastrack for about 10 years now, got it when dropstitch tech was fairly new. Only the floor is dropstitch in it. There's a newer model out now the last few years looks to have made some small improvements on my model. Anyway its been through all sorts of scrapes and bangs and has stood up perfectly. Its hasnt needed repair of any kind. I was wary enough at the start but have complete faith and trust in it now. I've done some long aul trips in it.

I have the 385ft model and it is comfortable for 2 adults and a small dog. There is a bigger model for 3 people aswell. Its so stable that you can stand up paddle it on reasonably calm water. Inflatables seem to be getting much more popular now and I guess this is the decathlon effect, I looked at their stuff and it seems quite good and much cheaper than the competition.

Check out Seaeagle.com for all their models, I think they have a full dropstitch model aswell.

Great. Can you recommend a supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭AuldDaysul

Great. Can you recommend a supplier?

I got mine from Spindrift UK, they are the official seller/supplier. That's probably a non runner now due to import taxes, unless you use an NI address or find a Euro supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

I should have asked already, but how well does it operate solo?

Advertisement