Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience of Silicon Bread preparation kit?

Options
  • 31-05-2021 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭

This has popped up a few times when I've been searching for bargains on Amazon.

Lekue 0200600M10M017 Bread preparation kit, Brown, 28 x 23 x 13 cm, 600 ml

Has anyone used one? Just wondering if it would be any good for the spalt bread my wife makes I know the mix she makes sticks to tins (greased, not greased, teflon and paper lined) and is a bit flat if not in a tin.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looks interesting, never seen anything like that before.

Hopefully it's also made from silicone and not silicon :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

That looks quite interesting - I had never heard of this before, but I can see that it would work.

I'm sometimes baking with silicon molds. If your main concern is things sticking, you can rest assured that silicone will solve that for you. However, I have found that heat distribution can be affected using silicone molds. Things usually take a good bit longer to bake (at least in my oven). That may be something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Alun wrote: »
    Looks interesting, never seen anything like that before.

Hopefully it's also made from silicone and not silicon :D

You missed the spalt bread - should have been spelt (right) :o

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement