Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

can i move a hub to a different size wheel

• 31-05-2021 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ tjc28

I bought my Dad a bike about ten years ago that has a Shimano Nexus set up. 26" wheels, disc brakes. He doesn't cycle anymore and was going to sell it but aside from the frame which is the heaviest frame in existence I quite like the internal gearing set up and am thinking about using the Nexus for a winter commuter. I have some frames around but they're all 700c size.
    Can I get the Nexus removed from the 26" wheels and rebuilt onto a 700?
    Or should I just buy a suitable frame?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder

what width is the hub? i.e. is it a standard 130mm road bike width? or wider, e.g. MTB width?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ tjc28

what width is the hub? i.e. is it a standard 130mm road bike width? or wider, e.g. MTB width?

oln 132.5 I believe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder

hmm, i'm out of my depth here - i reckon your best bet would be to ask in the bike shop where you reckon you'd have the wheel rebuilt. is there one near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ tjc28

yes, I'm in South Dublin so plenty around me. Thanks for the replies

Advertisement