Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Is it possible to buy training wheel for hybrid bike

• 30-05-2021 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ Bellie1

Googled but can't find a training wheel that would fit a hybrid. Is there such a thing, all seem to be road tyres? Want to buy a turbo trainer to use over winter .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭ rolling boh

Never seen a hybrid on a trainer so you may have to look for a cheap road bike plus trainer wheel to get you going .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭ 07Lapierre

Bellie1 wrote: »
    Googled but can't find a training wheel that would fit a hybrid. Is there such a thing, all seem to be road tyres? Want to buy a turbo trainer to use over winter .

Buy a road bike to use over the winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭ at1withmyself

Bellie1 wrote: »

What size is the wheel? If its 700c then should be fine to put a road tyre or trainer specific tyre on the bike and then should be fine on the trainer.

I have slicks on my mountain bike and that sits on my trainer no problem.

Advertisement