Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes SLK200 R171 (engine code P0171)

Options
  • 30-05-2021 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey guys,
    The engine light just popped up on my 2006 Mercedes SLK200. I know this light means “System Too Lean Bank 1”. I have cleared the code previously but it comes back on 200km later or so, it might then clear itself again but usually comes on again after a while and repeats. I have the car parked up now as I don’t want to do damage.

The cars driving great, it’s not idling rough or lacking power or anything.
    I did notice a vacuum pipe cracked so I changed that and also changed the air filter.
    I have yet to drive the car again after these fixes but just wondering if anyone has any ideas what else might be the issue? I’ve seen numerous suggestions online but it’s very generic and hard to pinpoint the issue.

Please see my idle live data of the car below.
    Also bare in mind the car hasn’t been driven since the new air filter and hose fixed. But the STFT still is at 25% during idle. It does lower when the throttle is pressed. I doubt a good spin needs to be had? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am clueless with this issue and would rather not take it to a garage if possibly, funds are low at the moment!

Thanks guys 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 michel1234

Pictures are hard to see, here’s them a bit bigger!

Advertisement