Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Logo

Options
  • 30-05-2021 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting someone to design a logo for my business. Not sure who to get to design it. I know a few artists, and art students. would they be worth a shot, might be cheaper than someone who does it full time. Or would I be best go for the professional logo designers?

Anyone know what kind of money we would be talking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You get what you pay for with that sort of thing. If you have a look on YouTube where people have ordered 4 or 5 designs starting at the cheapest and going up to the most expensive they can find and showing what the difference is in what you end up with so that will give you an idea of what you're paying for. Do you just want a logo or does it need to be adapted for business cards, letter heads, website, social, compliment slips etc? You could probably get one done on fivrr for hardly anything but if you want something decent then you're going to have to pay a bit for that unless you happen to know someone who is good at that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

jimmii wrote: »
    You get what you pay for with that sort of thing. If you have a look on YouTube where people have ordered 4 or 5 designs starting at the cheapest and going up to the most expensive they can find and showing what the difference is in what you end up with so that will give you an idea of what you're paying for. Do you just want a logo or does it need to be adapted for business cards, letter heads, website, social, compliment slips etc? You could probably get one done on fivrr for hardly anything but if you want something decent then you're going to have to pay a bit for that unless you happen to know someone who is good at that sort of thing.

It will have to be adapted for business cards, and website. I want a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I got one on fiverr and was very happy with it. Can't remember what it cost, a few hundred quid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

pgj2015 wrote: »
    It will have to be adapted for business cards, and website. I want a decent one.

If you want a decent one, stay away from the cheap options you were considering above like art students.
    A good business logo isn't cheap and a cheap business logo isn't good.

Esse85 wrote: »
    If you want a decent one, stay away from the cheap options you were considering above like art students.

How much would a good one cost approximately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

How much would a good one cost approximately?

Do you know what you want?
    It will depend on how much back and forth you go with the designer, the level of difficult required in the design, how many drafts are done etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

That's not necessarily true.

Do you know what you want?
    It will depend on how much back and forth you go with the designer, the level of difficult required in the design, how many drafts are done etc.

I don't know exactly but have a fair idea. As long as it looks quality and not cheap crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I don't know exactly but have a fair idea. As long as it looks quality and not cheap crap.

If it's a business logo, why does it matter how much it costs? You'll be able to write it off as an expense anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

I'm thinking of getting someone to design a logo for my business. Not sure who to get to design it. I know a few artists, and art students. would they be worth a shot, might be cheaper than someone who does it full time. Or would I be best go for the professional logo designers?

Anyone know what kind of money we would be talking?

OP, please don't spend too much time thinking about a logo.

Find little recognised corporate logo you like from some other country. It could be from Brazil, USA, Canada, France, Italy or some other foreign land. And then just get your designer to tweak it and use that as your logo.

It takes a process that could last 6 weeks and gets it sorted within a week. Because for a startup company, your logo will not be the key driver your growth. Other factors will be. And this is exact sort of nimbleness and speed you need for running a business in 2021.

• Advertisement

jetsonx wrote: »
    OP, please don't spend too much time thinking about a logo.

Find little recognised corporate logo you like from some other country. It could be from Brazil, USA, Canada, France, Italy or some other foreign land. And then just get your designer to tweak it and use that as your logo.

It takes a process that could last 6 weeks and gets it sorted within a week. Because for a startup company, your logo will not be the key driver your growth. Other factors will be. And this is exact sort of nimbleness and speed you need for running a business in 2021.

Im not a start up. im in business years but don't have a logo. I have a good reason for getting one btw.

good point though, I will try and get one done quickly and not have it dragged out.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    If it's a business logo, why does it matter how much it costs? You'll be able to write it off as an expense anyways.

The money still comes out of your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

try these guys
    http://www.irishlogos.ie/

Its a UK company that has a load of freelance designers.

The better the description you give, the better the logo.

So decide yourself on a colour scheme that suits your business / customer. EG Male. go for blues, ambers, greys, reds, female, for soft colours pale blues, pinks, soft greys.

Pick out a couple that you like from other companies in your sector in other countries and use them as examples.

You'll get about 6 examples and you pick one and then get it tweaked.

I used them originally and it did the job. I've grown a fair bit and have an in-house marketing/design person who has created a new one, but the bones of the original are still there

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I got mine on Fiverr for a fiver. I did a simple pencil drawing and got back a reasonable logo in a few days.

I would do that in the first instance and if you want to refine it after the business makes big money then do it.

https://www.althris.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/althris-logo.png

Advertisement