Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What android camera phone for 500 euro

• 30-05-2021 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭

My wife's p20 Pro gave up the ghost and we got her a p40 pro but the lack of Google services is becoming an issue so need to go back to the drawing board.

Half thinking of a p30pro to be honest but anything else around 500 euro you'd go for with camera the main consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,367 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What about the camera is her favorite feature, it may help narrow the strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ligind

Bought the wife a Google pixel 4a 5g as a gift last Christmas , one of the main considerations was that the camera was well regarded at that 400/500 price point(and at time they were also offering free bose headphones).

Only yesterday she was saying how good the photos are with it.

I am not hugely knowledgeable on phones and cameras , others might advise better . I believe the camera on the pixel 4a 5g is nothing special but the the software compensates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭dmigsy

My wife got a pixel 4a a few months ago too. Photos are fantastic and she loves the phone. She likes the fact that its not a massive phone either. Bellroy do a nice leather case for it that she got too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

listermint wrote: »
    What about the camera is her favorite feature, it may help narrow the strengths.

It's almost exclusively used for pics of the kids either portrait style or just normal so not using zoom or anything like that

She has a good eye for them but quick shutter speed obviously important as well!

Cyrus wrote: »
    It's almost exclusively used for pics of the kids either portrait style or just normal so not using zoom or anything like that

She has a good eye for them but quick shutter speed obviously important as well!

Pixel then, as above is the stand out for that sort of use , great image processing lovely form factor. We've one in the house here too and can't fault it . Nice if it would have Dual sim though.

Plus regular and up to date Google OS builds.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Pixel then, as above is the stand out for that sort of use , great image processing lovely form factor. We've one in the house here too and can't fault it . Nice if it would have Dual sim though.

Plus regular and up to date Google OS builds.

Any reason to pay more for the 5 over the 4a?

Any reason to pay more for the 5 over the 4a?

Small bit more bump larger screen. But tbh I like the form for the 4a. And I've a note plus. It's a smooth buttery phone 4 a.

On that budget I’d get the Pixel 5 for the extra camera if it’s the main consideration.

On that budget I’d get the Pixel 5 for the extra camera if it’s the main consideration.

Hard enough to come across at 500 quid at the moment

Hard enough to come across at 500 quid at the moment

Yeah it’s a while since I looked and I see it out of stock in a lot of the places it was, which has pushed up prices. I’d say the 4A too so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Another is the Mi10T Pro. But it's a heavy beast. Great camera though. It has OIS which many at this price don't.

Pixel 4a 5G or Pixel 5 otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SecondLife

S20 FE 5g version.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Just realised this thread is almost 2 months old, but leaving this here anyway..

The Oppo Find X2 Neo 5G is on sale for €345 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089658QHN

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro. Fantastic camera, and great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sager

Itsan old post it search installing google store on huwaii phones

Advertisement