Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit on Mortgage

Options
  • 28-05-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am now 3 weeks out of my home after the buyer said she couldnt close on the day, I am none the wiser as to why she cant close other than a possible mortgage protection issue, I have incured massive bills after moving out of my home selling my furniture and putting everything in storage plus rent and solicitors fees, it looks like I could lose the house I am sale agreed on and may have to move back home.

The buyer has 2 weeks to close with the 28 day notice just wondering where do I stand regards money, am I entitlted to her deposit if it dosent close or even some of it to cover costs, the stress is horrible on all the family and we have been messed around by the buyer who has constantly lied the last 3 weeks and now the buyer and the solicitor are giving the EA and my solicitor the deaf ear and wont return calls.

Has anyone ever had a similar experiance as I could have a bill of over 5 grand if she gets deposit back after signing contract.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If only there was some one who could give you professional advice on this! Seriously, this is a massive issue. Don’t take advice on the internet. ASK YOUR SOLICITOR

Advertisement