Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Housing Tullyvaraga

Options
  • 27-05-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi all, anyone comment on the social housing scheme currently in phase 2 in Tullyvaraga? Know someone who might be getting a place there. They are keen to know how the phase one developed socially.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The new social housing about to be finished in Shannon? That entire area will be a complete no go area within 5-10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

The new social housing about to be finished in Shannon? That entire area will be a complete no go area within 5-10 years.

That’s a bit scary to hear, any particular reason you say it? I took a quick spin through the phase 1 area and it seemed reasonably ok.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think it will be a glittering utopia. And I have just as much evidence as you do.

There are other social housing units in Shannon, and last I saw no part of Shannon was a no go area.

Deagol wrote: »
    That’s a bit scary to hear, any particular reason you say it? I took a quick spin through the phase 1 area and it seemed reasonably ok.

Current residents in the social housing area across the road and their offspring would be my main reasoning for this thought.

MarkR wrote: »
    I think it will be a glittering utopia. And I have just as much evidence as you do.

There are other social housing units in Shannon, and last I saw no part of Shannon was a no go area.

There are plenty of social housing units in Shannon but are any of them as densely populated with the type of residents that are in the newest units on the link road? I've lived in Shannon all my life, I stand by what I said but unfortunately we won't see who is right and wrong for another few years.

I wouldn't take one of those houses if it was handed to me completely free of charge.

• Advertisement

There are plenty of social housing units in Shannon but are any of them as densely populated with the type of residents that are in the newest units on the link road? I've lived in Shannon all my life, I stand by what I said but unfortunately we won't see who is right and wrong for another few years.

I wouldn't take one of those houses if it was handed to me completely free of charge.

You don't know who is going into those houses. As you don't know that, you can't base your opinion on the type of people. Coincidentally, I know a couple and their 5 year old who was offered what I think is one of these homes. And they're delighted to be moving from an apartment to something with a garden.

Let's not jump to conclusions about an area based in nothing more than assumptions.

You don't know who is going into those houses. As you don't know that, you can't base your opinion on the type of people. Coincidentally, I know a couple and their 5 year old who was offered what I think is one of these homes. And they're delighted to be moving from an apartment to something with a garden.

Let's not jump to conclusions about an area based in nothing more than assumptions.

As I said, I wouldn't take one for free. I'm sure you've walked past the completed units on the opposite side of the road and seen the residents, I'm sure you've seen the videos that have circulated of garda raids in the estate, not sure if you've seen the one of the naked fella who was running around there in the middle of the day off his head but that happened too.

You can already see the absolute dregs of society and their offspring lounging around morning, noon and night. It will only get worse, of that I am certain.

The OP asked how the first phase progressed socially, it's only fair they got told the truth as above rather than having it glossed over.

As I said, I wouldn't take one for free. I'm sure you've walked past the completed units on the opposite side of the road and seen the residents, I'm sure you've seen the videos that have circulated of garda raids in the estate, not sure if you've seen the one of the naked fella who was running around there in the middle of the day off his head but that happened too.

You can already see the absolute dregs of society and their offspring lounging around morning, noon and night. It will only get worse, of that I am certain.

The OP asked how the first phase progressed socially, it's only fair they got told the truth as above rather than having it glossed over.

What you've said is your opinion, not truth. I've voiced my opinion. I think we should let people come to their own conclusions.

Putting on my mod hat for a sec.

Name calling isn't on. I wouldn't like to be called the dregs of society, and I don't think you would either. Please remain civil, or post elsewhere.

What you've said is your opinion, not truth. I've voiced my opinion. I think we should let people come to their own conclusions.

Putting on my mod hat for a sec.

Name calling isn't on. I wouldn't like to be called the dregs of society, and I don't think you would either. Please remain civil, or post elsewhere.

What I said about garda raids and a junkie running naked through the estate isn't my opinion, they are facts. I've seen enough of the estate since it was finished to know what I've said is inevitable.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do but unfortunately I won't be this time.

Advertisement