Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junghands Max Bill

Options
  • 27-05-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Have mentioned a couple of times in other threads how i've an itch at the moment...keep flipping between options....plan was for wife to get me a nice watch like a longines or something but that got parked because of the latest lock down....but the itch is strong so might pick up something in the meantime.....then i thought i might pick up another Hamilton to add to the 2 i already have..then i got an itch for a Tag F1 being a bit of a tag fan (yeah i know :rolleyes:) but in my browsing on chrono24 for example, the Junghands Max Bill has really caught my eye.....its a name i would have heard of but never seen in the shops anything but they are so clean and elegant looking.....they seems to be around the 400 mark for the entry level quartz which if the quality was good would be decent value and comparable say to Hamilton....

Any one have one or any thoughts on them? Only concern is they're 38mm which might be a bit small on my wrist....my tags are 43mm and my hamiltons are 42 and 45mm so I veer more to the larger watches.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Have mentioned a couple of times in other threads how i've an itch at the moment...keep flipping between options....plan was for wife to get me a nice watch like a longines or something but that got parked because of the latest lock down....but the itch is strong so might pick up something in the meantime.....then i thought i might pick up another Hamilton to add to the 2 i already have..then i got an itch for a Tag F1 being a bit of a tag fan (yeah i know :rolleyes:) but in my browsing on chrono24 for example, the Junghands Max Bill has really caught my eye.....its a name i would have heard of but never seen in the shops anything but they are so clean and elegant looking.....they seems to be around the 400 mark for the entry level quartz which if the quality was good would be decent value and comparable say to Hamilton....

Any one have one or any thoughts on them? Only concern is they're 38mm which might be a bit small on my wrist....my tags are 43mm and my hamiltons are 42 and 45mm so I veer more to the larger watches.....

My wife has one (33mm) and every time I look at it, I get jealous. They're really cool watches. Aesthetically, its definitely my favourite of the Bauhaus watches. I don't know how big your wrist is but you have to bear in mind that the watch is pretty much all dial so 38 sounds smaller than it wears. The only thing I would point out is that the domed crystal is not saphire so could scratch up if you are heavy with your watches. In saying that, there isn't a mark on my wifes one and she wears it most days. The leather strap it comes on probably isn't the best quality but you can't complain for the price point. I think they are excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

redlead wrote: »
    My wife has one (33mm) and every time I look at it, I get jealous. They're really cool watches. Aesthetically, its definitely my favourite of the Bauhaus watches. I don't know how big your wrist is but you have to bear in mind that the watch is pretty much all dial so 38 sounds smaller than it wears. The only thing I would point out is that the domed crystal is not saphire so could scratch up if you are heavy with your watches. In saying that, there isn't a mark on my wifes one and she wears it most days. The leather strap it comes on probably isn't the best quality but you can't complain for the price point. I think they are excellent value.

thanks for the feedback....I think my wrist or strap at least is about 170mm but good point on the face....i saw on their site that some are now with saphire but that probably bumps the price a bit.....i wouldnt be too worried about he strap either as that can always be upgraded obviously....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Iggie

I have the Max bill chronoscope and it doesn't feel like a small watch. It is beautiful all right but the movement on mine is the noisiest of any automatic watch I own.

Iggie wrote: »
    I have the Max bill chronoscope and it doesn't feel like a small watch. It is beautiful all right but the movement on mine is the noisiest of any automatic watch I own.

Thanks, i assume thats the rotor? I think i'd go with the quartz anyway and pump the premium for auto into a better watch down the line much and all as i like the sweeping movement with an auto....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I love my Max Bill. All the points made here are valid ... crystal can get scratched if you're not careful ... movement is relatively loud ... it wears smaller than you'd think ... the strap is meh ... the aesthetic is class.

You're welcome to try mine on (if you are in the west).

554259.jpg

• Advertisement

RMDrive wrote: »
    I love my Max Bill. All the points made here are valid ... crystal can get scratched if you're not careful ... movement is relatively loud ... it wears smaller than you'd think ... the strap is meh ... the aesthetic is class.

You're welcome to try mine on (if you are in the west).

Thanks for the offer but I'm the other side of the country....looks great though....does anyone know if any retailers stock it here or are they only available online? I've never seen them in the main dealers but i haven't been looking for them either.....

Advertisement