Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Software needed for Smart tech whiteboard

• 27-05-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Hi long shot here, I'm trying to help out a national school that has come into possession of 2nd hand Smart Tech SB580 & SB680 interactive whiteboards. I've been onto the manufacturer website and contacted their support - the boards are no longer supported and they don't have a download for the software anymore. I'm hoping that someone on here will have access to a disc that they would be willing to help out with giving a copy?

I know it's a bit of a hail mary but worth a shot before they're coverted to just whiteboards...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well it seems support was only discontinued for that model in october 2019.

Have you tried installing the smart product drivers from their website and checking if they simply work ? Just because support is discontinued doesnt mean the software just stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Firblog

Didn't know anything about those drivers, couldn't see any link to support area for those boards on their site... I'd really appreciate if you could post a link to those drivers and I'll give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Firblog wrote: »
    Didn't know anything about those drivers, couldn't see any link to support area for those boards on their site... I'd really appreciate if you could post a link to those drivers and I'll give it a go :)

Your best bet is to follow the steps by this guy with the same issue about 3 posts in be gives a solution / workaround . He also had an old sb580 donated but had no cd fro drivers and he got it working

https://community.smarttech.com/s/question/0D50P00003kvnURSAY/need-drivers-for-a-sb580-whiteboard?language=en_US

I think people are getting the drivers from here.

https://support.smarttech.com/en/downloads/product-drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Firblog

No happy ending, SB580 board was not recognised; seems to be dead. Got the SB680 up, detected great, seemed to freeze the laptop when connected, found the problem there was a bit of damage to the board - small dent on surface - fecked up all thouch, neither board of any use.

Thanks for all suggestions and links; much appreciated.

Advertisement