Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary teacher contracts advice

Options
  • 26-05-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I am a primary school teacher finishing her second year in Dublin, following six years in a primary school abroad in the uk. Do I qualify for CID because of my experience so far ? If I take on a maternity contract next year in a different school, would I get paid for my holidays if I start at the beginning of that school calendar year ? Thanks for the help !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Murph85 wrote: »
    I am a primary school teacher finishing her second year in Dublin, following six years in a primary school abroad in the uk. Do I qualify for CID because of my experience so far ? If I take on a maternity contract next year in a different school, would I get paid for my holidays if I start at the beginning of that school calendar year ? Thanks for the help !

CID is based off years of service completed in a specific school rather than years of service completed overall in your career. You need to have two full years completed in a school and if there is a job for the whole year in the school for year 3 you potentially might be granted CID. It can be a little more complicated than that though, there is a clause about having a couple of interviews completed in the school and other bits too. CID was as confusing as the panels for me! The key part is that it is based on the school you're in right now and nowhere else.

As far as I know, a mat leave job falls under a substitute contract so you won't get summer pay but someone might correct me on that. I know for a temporary contract, i.e a fixed term, you have to be employed on the 1st of November until summer holidays on that contract to be paid for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Not aware of the in’s and out’s of CID but it is specific to your current school and not a build up of service over a number of schools - that’s the panel system.

In relation to mat leave this is a sub contract which is paid at a slightly higher daily rate so no pay for the Summer.

Temp contract needs to have started before Nov 1st and run for the school year to be paid for the Summer.

Advertisement