Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - Where are we all off to?

Options
  • 25-05-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

So, with the season starting in a few weeks i thought it'd be interesting to see what peoples plans are?
    I have seven sites booked over the Summer. 5 new to me, Newtown Cove, Curraghchase, Westport House, Rosses Point, Lough Key.
    2 old faves, Roundwood and River Valley. Might try and get one more in along the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

So, with the season starting in a few weeks i thought it'd be interesting to see what peoples plans are?
    I have seven sites booked over the Summer. 5 new to me, Newtown Cove, Curraghchase, Westport House, Rosses Point, Lough Key.
    2 old faves, Roundwood and River Valley. Might try and get one more in along the way.

Are any if those sites operating their facilities? We've no bathroom so dependant on campsites or pubs normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Its not something I normally check, because we have the onboard facilities.
    I know Redcross was operating toilets last year during the SUmmer. Roundwood werent but the campsite is a short walk to the village and a load of pubs and restaurants. A quick look on the other campsite websites doesnt indicate a closure of their toilet facilities.
    To be honest, we went to a similar number of sites last year, GYles quay, Morriscastle, Dunmore East, Nore Valley, Hidden Valley, Red Cross and the only site that had closed toilets was ROundwood and they made that clear at booking time. Roundwood is a great site though, very friendly and the village is lovely.

Advertisement