Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I PAD CHARGING PORT DEFECTIVE

Options
  • 24-05-2021 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

sORRY FOLKS,
    SEARCHED THESE THREADS ,NO INFO

our apple i pad has a defective charging port, any idea who can repair it and how much will it cost

Thanks

Based in Dundalk, Dublin ,Belfast not a problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What do you mean defective? Does the charging cable fit in perfectly snug, if not clean out the charging port with a paperclip or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Drunk Monkey
    its worn out , sloppy as can be , possibly had a local repair man did a repair( without opening it )

If it's sloppy when putting in the cable it's dirt I'd guess, have you scaped it out, some fluff would cause it, if the whole port is moving it's a repair job probably best get one of the local guys handiest if there's a problem.

this has been seen to before by a fairly competent repairman.

his work will be evident to the next repair man
    from asking a few people , there is a fully apple owned repair shop in belfast
    i know there is an unofficial apple repair shop opp Trinity college

looking at a site in Belfast ,it appears that they take your in and give you a refurb one, not certain if this is the official store.
    It

no prices are quoted but i think it may be expensive
    my daughter is an apple head, she will look further into this(its her mothers device)
    two repair shops ,one in Swords ,one in Bray popped up, have mailed them

among other things that popped up is a you tube showing how to fix it

Thanks

Is it charging at all? If it's not dirt and a loose connector you could put a sliver of insulating tape in there to tighten it up.

• Advertisement

its my wifes device. has been on the blink for weeks now, she was already aware of how to place it this way and that to charge
    i tried rooting with it ,to no avail

just watched the you tube, or part watched , its 43 mins.
    a thousand miles away from my ability

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

rugbyman wrote: »
    she was already aware of how to place it this way and that to charge

I had a similar issue with an iPhone, it turned out to be dustballs stuck in the port. Take a toothpick to carefully clean the port.

Advertisement