Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any chance of primary school offers?

• 24-05-2021 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi, my son has gotten accepted into our local school starting in September. The school we really wanted him to go to he is number 5 on the waiting list when I contacted them last week. Would any of you have any idea if there is a chance that he might get accepted here? Anyone got offers of primary school this late? Would love to get uniform sorted etc as due a baby in July but worried about buying one for local school and then by some chance getting an offer for the one that we love.
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

chooey wrote: »
    Hi, my son has gotten accepted into our local school starting in September. The school we really wanted him to go to he is number 5 on the waiting list when I contacted them last week. Would any of you have any idea if there is a chance that he might get accepted here? Anyone got offers of primary school this late? Would love to get uniform sorted etc as due a baby in July but worried about buying one for local school and then by some chance getting an offer for the one that we love.
    Thanks so much

In our local school, people were still getting offers in August. Some people accept a number of offers before declining last minute. Some areas have put a stop to it by a centralised local offers page but definitely not all. So you could definitely be still offered a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

Thanks for that. I might hold off for another little while to order a uniform just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

How many streams do they have? Like how many J1 classes? If there are 2 or 3 you'd have a better chance of getting a last minute offer.
    Our school often has no shows on day 1 of JI and the School would ring people on the waiting list.
    Good luck with it

There are two junior infants classes. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'd be amazed if you didn't get a place if you're no 5 in the wait list. It's very early days and there will be drop outs. Especially if you live in a commuter belt or transient area.

• Advertisement

I'll let you all know if I hear anything! Would love to think that he might get in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Himnydownunder

I’d be interested in hearing your experiences of putting his name down in different schools. I was told to look into school inspection reports, but I’m not sure how valid they are if they are say seven years old?

I’d be interested in hearing your experiences of putting his name down in different schools. I was told to look into school inspection reports, but I’m not sure how valid they are if they are say seven years old?

I grew up near the area I live now so to be honest I just knew which were the schools I wanted him to go to or the ones I didn’t. Things change as well as one of the schools near me was great when I was in school and has a terrible reputation now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Himnydownunder

chooey wrote: »
    I grew up near the area I live now so to be honest I just knew which were the schools I wanted him to go to or the ones I didn’t. Things change as well as one of the schools near me was great when I was in school and has a terrible reputation now

Thank you. Yes teachers change and management changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dara10

I'd wait a bit longer. I got one offer mid July and another offer the day before my child started school. We turned down that last minute place but I know the school did fill it.

• Advertisement

Just updating this to say still no offer unfortunately so she’ll be going to the other school she got accepted in to

Advertisement