Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting a garden tap right after the inside stop tap

Options
  • 24-05-2021 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello,

553970.jpeg

So I have this water system in my utility room. And I’d like to fit in a T splitter somewhere right after the tap(red at the bottom) and run a pvc pipe behind an oil boiler(on the left) and through the wall outside to a garden tap.
    It’s a bit of a PiTA to drill a hole behind the oil boiler, but the location is really perfect for running a garden tap from. Good pressure that doesn’t affect house taps, washing machines or when I work with a power wash. Plus it allows me to put the garden tap on the side of the house, away from decking(if I choose installing garden tap from a kitchen tap instead(back of the house, and my hose can easily reach front and back of the house. Anyways, the location couldn’t be better.

However, before I advance with my plans, I figured I ask to make sure i don’t mess up any pressure or flow. And also what location in the pipe would you cut in? Or maybe I simply could swap the existing t splitter with an X splitter? And run pvc pipe from there.
    I obviously have all backflow valves and all handy to install to avoid water contamination.

I live in the shticks and would rather not rely or wait for a decent plumber. I’m quite handy all around and an do it myself. I just need an advice.

Thanks

Advertisement