Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee filters - 100 or 150mm

Options
  • 24-05-2021 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Looking to purchase some Lee filters (including a Big Stopper) for my 24-70 Tamron. I tried out the 100mm big stopper on the weekend with my current adapter but could see part of the adapter and filter on one side. I'm not sure if I had it on incorrectly or whether it was too small for my lens which has an 82mm filter size. So I may have to do more tests, but I'm wary about splashing out for 100mm filters that may not be suitable for my lens.

Anyone else using 100mm filters with this lens size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

What filter holder you are using?
    I used Hitech, Nisi, Cokin Z-Pro, Lee and Haida. Didn't have that problem with any, if the right 82mm lens adapter, wide angle adapter used.
    Just some vignetting at 24 mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

jbv wrote: »
    What filter holder you are using?
    I used Hitech, Nisi, Cokin Z-Pro, Lee and Haida. Didn't have that problem with any, if the right 82mm lens adapter, wide angle adapter used.
    Just some vignetting at 24 mm.

It's a cheap Zomei filter holder, so I may need to spend a bit more on something better like the Nisi.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

I find Haida, best to use. Look on adverts, few bargains even second hand under €50.

Advertisement