Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Allowed a band in June 2021?

Options
  • 23-05-2021 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is allowed a band for a June 2021? I've read that some venues are allowing, some not and then some are allowing a 1 or 2 man band as the live music ban is a guideline rather than law? I'm awaiting clarification from our venue at the moment. Luckily we don't have anything booked (cancelled DJ weeks ago as it just wasn't the right fit for our 25 guest wedding) but a one man band we want has become available if we are allowed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ShortAPennt

I would be really interested to hear what people have experienced. We are due to get married in a restaurant in donnybrook. We have got mixed responses. The marketing manager said we could have a smaller intimate musician but then the manager did a U-turn and said now we can't. I feel this is more to suit their own desire to open up outdoor dining for the general public the evening of our wedding more than anything. So disappointing as the emails were less than a week apart with both parties copied in... I think they just want to suit themselves. I don't need a massive band but a guy on the guitar to add a bit of atmosphere would be all we are looking for....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

I would be really interested to hear what people have experienced. We are due to get married in a restaurant in donnybrook. We have got mixed responses. The marketing manager said we could have a smaller intimate musician but then the manager did a U-turn and said now we can't. I feel this is more to suit their own desire to open up outdoor dining for the general public the evening of our wedding more than anything. So disappointing as the emails were less than a week apart with both parties copied in... I think they just want to suit themselves. I don't need a massive band but a guy on the guitar to add a bit of atmosphere would be all we are looking for....

Very disappointing that they got your hopes up like that only to change their minds. We've been told it's a no anyway but "things might change in the meantime". Funny thing is they wanted the meal over super early to get everyone into the bar/dance area which I just couldn't understand when we've no entertainment other than Spotify. All the guests would blotto by 8pm if the hotel had their way!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ShortAPennt

anfield90 wrote: »
    Very disappointing that they got your hopes up like that only to change their minds. We've been told it's a no anyway but "things might change in the meantime". Funny thing is they wanted the meal over super early to get everyone into the bar/dance area which I just couldn't understand when we've no entertainment other than Spotify. All the guests would blotto by 8pm if the hotel had their way!

This might be to suit themselves so they can release the service staff. Once dinner finishes they no longer need the same amount of staff to cover service if it is a bar situation. Although i couldn't say for sure.

Anyway it is what is and we can't do anything to change it. I know we will all make the most of the day. Hope you have a wonderful celebration

Advertisement