Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New lawn edge

Options
  • 22-05-2021 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all quick question.

I sowed a new lawn in our garden (very small patch) and the edge of the lawn isn’t thriving as well and it’s a little off colour compared to the rest. Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts on what could be causing it. It’s getting lots of water and i used fresh top soil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Maybe soil isn't as deep here, drying out quicker?

I take it you don't have a robot mower? Edges can sometimes wear more from it repeatedly tracking back to base over the same route.

Something used on the concrete to clean it?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Hi,

Hasn’t even been mowed yet. Nothing was used to wash the path.

The soil was also something I considered but from memory there was a good bit there and same depth as rest. I’ll get some lawn feed and see if that helps I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Concrete can cause the area immediately adjoining to be slightly drier. It's not too bad looking at all in that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Picture probably doesn’t show it up as much. Just put some tomato feed on it.

Thanks.

Advertisement