Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings Inns Preparatory Courses

Options
  • 21-05-2021 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Apologies if this has been discussed previously, but I’m planning on registering for one of the courses that prepare students for Kings Inns entrance exams with a view to sitting them in August.

I work full time and graduated with an LLB some years ago so am a bit rusty on the basics. Hence the need for a refresher course.

I’m aware of Griffith, Lawschool.ie and Independent Colleges (are there more?).

Each appears to charge identical rates and they all appear to offer a similar format.

Just wondering if any are deemed superior or are they all of a similar standard?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭munsterman2008

Do you mind if I join your post and ask for feedback on fe-1 prep courses from readers too please? Independent colleges, city colleges, law school, griffith.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

Do you mind if I join your post and ask for feedback on fe-1 prep courses from readers too please? Independent colleges, city colleges, law school, griffith.

Of course.

Related topic so work away

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭to99

I found City colleges very good for KI particularly Criminal Law. The tutor basically structures his classes with a view to what you should be writing in your answer papers.

I also had a gap between college and taking the exams- about 3 years but I passed no problem and they are generous markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

to99 wrote: »
    I found City colleges very good for KI particularly Criminal Law. The tutor basically structures his classes with a view to what you should be writing in your answer papers.

I also had a gap between college and taking the exams- about 3 years but I passed no problem and they are generous markers.

Thanks for that.

Having looked at the timetables they (City Colleges) also seem to begin their course a week later than the others which would also suit.

Good to hear the comment about marking also.

Thanks again

Advertisement