Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Centered pull-out TV mount

Options
  • 21-05-2021 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

A lot of cantilever TV brackets/mounts seem to shift slightly left or right from centre when being extended or retracted (i.e. when pulling or pushing the TV away from or to the wall).

I'm looking for recommendations for a TV mount that extends out almost 100% fully straight at centre, rather than shifting slightly left or right from centre before it extends. It's for a 55" LG CX OLED.

Reason: it's for a media unit that only has about a 4cm gap between each side of the TV to the media unit's vertical uprights (which are 30cm in depth). Can't attach image yet as new user. If the cantilever tv mounts would shift left or right upon extension before centering IIUC, could easily mean that the TV would hit off the media unit uprights, in effect trapping the TV, making the mount useless.

I only want the mount to be extendable in order to access TV ports & to be able to replace the TV in future (something a flat/fixed mount won't allow due to the media unit's uprights). Tilt/swivel is just a bonus but not required, though most/all cantilever mounts seem to have this feature. I'd need the retracted mount to be as flush to the back of the wall/media unit as possible.

Budget: up to ~€200, but the cheaper the better because the features of a fully articulating TV mount such as this (extension/pull-out, tilt, swivel etc) will very rarely be used.

Any recommendations from experience?

Richersounds recommended the Sanus VLF728
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204142-sanus-vlf728-black-42-90-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx?swapstore=1
    PROS:
    1. The mount arm is centered at the rear instead of at the left or right hand side.
    2. I'ts apparently smoother than older Sanus models
    CONS:
    1. Very big & bulky judging by the images & videos on Sanus' website.
    2. V expensive. €269 seems overkill for my needs. I know there's a lot of much cheaper ones out there.

RR also think the SANUS BLF213-B1 Cantilever could work for my needs but weren't sure.
    PROS:
    1. Cheaper.
    2. Double-arm.
    3. Decent reviews it seems.
    CONS:
    1. No guarantee it will pull out straight from the centre. Has anyone here used one who can confirm either way?
    2. Pricey at €199.

I'll take a trip to DID, Curries, Harvey Norman etc but I won't expect much in terms of stock or access to test properly.

Any help & recommendations from experience appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Paremon wrote: »
    A lot of cantilever TV brackets/mounts seem to shift slightly left or right from centre when being extended or retracted (i.e. when pulling or pushing the TV away from or to the wall).

I'm looking for recommendations for a TV mount that extends out almost 100% fully straight at centre, rather than shifting slightly left or right from centre before it extends. It's for a 55" LG CX OLED.

Reason: it's for a media unit that only has about a 4cm gap between each side of the TV to the media unit's vertical uprights (which are 30cm in depth). Can't attach image yet as new user. If the cantilever tv mounts would shift left or right upon extension before centering IIUC, could easily mean that the TV would hit off the media unit uprights, in effect trapping the TV, making the mount useless.

I only want the mount to be extendable in order to access TV ports & to be able to replace the TV in future (something a flat/fixed mount won't allow due to the media unit's uprights). Tilt/swivel is just a bonus but not required, though most/all cantilever mounts seem to have this feature. I'd need the retracted mount to be as flush to the back of the wall/media unit as possible.

Budget: up to ~€200, but the cheaper the better because the features of a fully articulating TV mount such as this (extension/pull-out, tilt, swivel etc) will very rarely be used.

Any recommendations from experience?

Richersounds recommended the Sanus VLF728
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204142-sanus-vlf728-black-42-90-inch-cantilever-tv-bracket.aspx?swapstore=1
    PROS:
    1. The mount arm is centered at the rear instead of at the left or right hand side.
    2. I'ts apparently smoother than older Sanus models
    CONS:
    1. Very big & bulky judging by the images & videos on Sanus' website.
    2. V expensive. €269 seems overkill for my needs. I know there's a lot of much cheaper ones out there.

RR also think the SANUS BLF213-B1 Cantilever could work for my needs but weren't sure.
    PROS:
    1. Cheaper.
    2. Double-arm.
    3. Decent reviews it seems.
    CONS:
    1. No guarantee it will pull out straight from the centre. Has anyone here used one who can confirm either way?
    2. Pricey at €199.

I'll take a trip to DID, Curries, Harvey Norman etc but I won't expect much in terms of stock or access to test properly.

Any help & recommendations from experience appreciated.

We got this last year and I don't see why it wouldnt work for you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MS4N45A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

while the stand does have the ability to swivel from left to right it should pull straight out if pulled in the centre. Take a look at these images.

71isNjSz8wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71Bw2%2BE720L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You can see the two straight out images you can see the middle hinges just move closer together as you pull it out, this will keep it straight.

Advertisement