Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Kildare Town

Options
  • 21-05-2021 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

My wife and I are moving to Wavertree in Kildare Town. Moving from Dublin. Not entire blow ins... I grew up in Naas.

Anyway, we are told this week that the house will be ready for snagging mid June.

Now the long shot... If anybody has moved into the first 10 of these houses, how long did it take you to get the keys after snagging? Also, how are you finding the house and estate/area? Obviously there is still work going on so I'm sure that's a bit frustrating as everyone would have hoped it would have been completed by now. But hey... we expected the delay with Covid.

Thanks and all the best!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

The drawback will be the motorway noise, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. It will get the new quieter surface topping at some point in the next couple of years.

The benefit - jump over the wall to go to aldi :) (don't know if this is actually possible)

You are in walking distance of the national stud, so a membership is a must. €72/year for a couple (about €110 for a family) and open to members even when its closed in the winter months.

You're walking distance to most things and with the stud and meditation centre directly south, you will fee more rural than you are. It's also a small enclave of houses (18 I think), so I wouldn't call it an estate. This will mean you will probably know your neighbours better than if you were in an estate of 100-200 houses.

But overall Kildare Town still has a small town feel to it, but has almost everything a larger town has including a Starbucks and a Costa :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 M90

Thanks for getting back to me.

We were slightly concerned about the motorway noise but we are fairly close to the m50 now so if we can get used to that then the M7 should be a doddle!

Thanks for all the tips. It was its proximity to everything that sealed the deal for us. We'll certainly be getting a membership to the stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Audcity

Hey just saw your thread there. Our story mirrors yours in so many ways moving down from
    Dublin yet my partner grew up in Naas. We bought a house down the opposite end of the town... how are you finding the town as a whole? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

We haven't actually moved in yet but have our snag date for 28th June.

In terms of how we find the town... we have only been popping up the odd weekend to check progress and have a little walk around but it seems great! So can't really give any feedback, unfortunately.

We've taken a bit of a liking to Fire Castle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DubKildare

Been living in Kildare Town for 20 years now. The place has changed so much in that time, for the better I'd say too, although I still miss some of the smaller family owned shops that have gone now.
    I'd definitely recommend it as a place to live but I do fear that new housing developments are running ahead of the provision of community services, schools, doctors etc. but that's an age old story at this stage.
    Best of luck with the move!!

• Advertisement

Hope it went well OP!

Thanks for getting back to me. I see a bit of work being done in the town now with a few shops being renovated which is great.

Cheers for the best wishes.

Yep all good now. Some delay with the Homebond cert but should have the keys next week. :)

Advertisement