Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin 15 family Flee Hotel Quarantine - from India no less

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

The pitch forks will be out if it leads to an outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭con747

Detaining them might be better than shooting I think.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

Two words:

PPS Numbers

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"What I would say is there are terms and conditions when you enter the state at the moment. And people agree to abide by those when they enter and it's really disappointing that this has happened again..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

"What I would say is there are terms and conditions when you enter the state at the moment. And people agree to abide by those when they enter and it's really disappointing that this has happened again..."

Yeah. PPS Numbers & GNIB Tracking Numbers or ID's etc.

This is where & when i am all for the all-knowing tracking state.

Suddenly, i don't mind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

wandererz wrote: »
    Yeah. PPS Numbers & GNIB Tracking Numbers or ID's etc.

This is where & when i am all for the all-knowing tracking state.

Suddenly, i don't mind it.

As the old adage goes, only wrongdoers need be worried.

Frankly I'd be far more concerned about the Indian variant catching hold in a big way here from British people who have been exposed to it due to their own negligent conduct concerning travel to and from India.

That said, the people in this instance who absconded from the hotel early should get 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hotel was in Dublin 15, doesn't say anywhere that the family was from there, which is how the thread title reads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The thread title reads the poster is angry because they're fordeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hurrache wrote: »
    The thread title reads the poster is angry because they're fordeners.

Any Dublin Live link usually points to an inherently racist article.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's such a piece of **** alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

wandererz wrote: »
    Why is the Defence Forces manning these locations if they don't have the authority to defend or indeed shoot.

Shoot? Get a fúcking grip. Are you expecting barbed wire and watch towers. The DF are not there in a security or a policing function. They can just advise the person that is going to leave that they are about to commit an offence under the Health (Amendment) Act 2021 and then notify An Garda Síochána, who role is laid out in section 7 of the Garda Síochána Act 2005.

7.— (1) The function of the Garda Síochána is to provide policing and security services for the State with the objective of—

(a) preserving peace and public order,

(b) protecting life and property,

(c) vindicating the human rights of each individual,

(d) protecting the security of the State,

(e) preventing crime,

(f) bringing criminals to justice, including by detecting and investigating crime, and

(g) regulating and controlling road traffic and improving road safety.

9QjKBZO.png

The powers of detention/arrest that a member of the Defence Forces have are all laid in the Defence Act 1954. I'll start you off with two that relate to civilians,

1. Sketching/Drawing/Photographing etc any Barracks/Post/Fortification etc without lawful authority.

2. Refusing or failing to leave land being used for defence purposes after being lawfully ordered to do so by an Authorised Officer?

Can you find a third mention of arrest that doesn't relate to serving members?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement