Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will I get away with re-routing a brake pipe on the NCT?

Options
  • 21-05-2021 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

My 2000 Toyota Yaris frustratingly has a brake pipe running over the fuel tank, and it was an unbridled pain in the arse trying to pull it over when I was taking it off. Will it still pass the NCT with the brake pipe run under the tank on new clips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly, depends on the tester.
    If the job looks professional and brakes work to spec then I don't see an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do it right. Do it once. Short cuts don't make any long term sense. More so when it's your stopping system...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Thedarkb wrote: »
    My 2000 Toyota Yaris frustratingly has a brake pipe running over the fuel tank, and it was an unbridled pain in the arse trying to pull it over when I was taking it off. Will it still pass the NCT with the brake pipe run under the tank on new clips?

Why pull it over just take out the tank , replace the brake line correctly and refit the tank. Modifying and fannying around with brake lines and routing of brake lines is not cool or allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

Car99 wrote: »
    Why pull it over just take out the tank , replace the brake line correctly and refit the tank. Modifying and fannying around with brake lines and routing of brake lines is not cool or allowed.

Due to some irritating circumstances, I'm having to do this in a housing estate car park, and the tank is nearly full. I'll probably play it safe and route the pipe over the tank but I'm a bit wary of trying to drop it given the circumstances.

Advertisement