Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide - Greatest Electronic Dance Song Ever!

• 20-05-2021 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭

3600.jpg

Lots of dance music fans on here so lets give this a go.

PM me (up to) ten of your favourite electronic dance songs. It can be trance, techno, house, chill out, dubstep, whatever!

My first time running a tournament so if someone could point me in the direction of an app or website to help organise it that would be great :D

Tournament kicks in the flow in June sometime...

Gerrup! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kol or Mac are the tournie kings on here so they should be able to advise help you

I will get my electronic dance hat on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'll save you some bother....

Its Maniac 2000. / end thread. ...Mods, shut her down. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Noms in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I'll save you some bother....

Its Maniac 2000. / end thread. ...Mods, shut her down. :pac:
    Alright you! Start talkin'. How much is Kolido paying you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Noms in.

Shane what I usually use is an excel/sheets spreadsheet and just a seperate sheet for each round.

Getting your YouTube links are usually the most time consuming part, once you have that on the first sheet you can just copy them from sheet to sheet as they progress.

So something like this

553718.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

+1 for using Excel too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will submit a selection of songs that are guaranteed to go out in the first round later :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Will get mine in over the weekend, looking forward to this.

Regarding the running of these, Google sheets/Docs are good if you mod from multiple devices plus thanking vote posts while counting keep you from double counting any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I sat down to think about this and now I have 20 songs jotted on a sheet of paper... only 10 will be hard... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'd also echo the other posts on using excel. I used it for the tourneys I did last year. Fairly handy once you have all the entries in to put a structure on it. Maybe just use a random number generator or similar to make pairs for each subsequent round if you want to have it truly random.

I'd have (and I think it's happened in other tourneys run by Kol) that seeds get a bye to a second round if there are an awkward number of songs to deal with, or I'd have made an effort to put songs with multiple nominations in opposite ends of the draw.

.... Bobby Jo.... there's a blast from the past :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Rikand wrote: »
    Will submit a selection of songs that are guaranteed to go out in the first round later :)

Same, hard to know what way to go, not chart commercial but not too obscure either...

Same, hard to know what way to go, not chart commercial but not too obscure either...

And the other option is, submit the 9 minute original mix or the 3 minute radio edit IF there is one.... :D

Sent in 10, its been about 10 minutes, I'm still waiting for the regrets to emerge in cutting it to 10 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

70 songs in so far, unsurprisingly they are all unique given the broadness of this category. But we need moar! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I have this CD in my car, and gave it a blast over the weekend... and was 'Oh I could have submitted that... and that... and that.....' :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just sent in mine, mostly all obscure underground, except for the last one ;).

I have this CD in my car, and gave it a blast over the weekend... and was 'Oh I could have submitted that... and that... and that.....' :D

Jaysis, I didnt submit any Matt Darey ones but he had some great songs. Liberation and See the Sun. I still listen to See the Sun all the time. Its a great long shower tune :D

I used to listen to the TranceMatch when I first started getting into trance. Had some great tunes on it. 3 of which I have sent in coincidentally lol

And I spent years listening to the trance channels on di.fm all the time too. This set from Tsushima Masaki just had so many great tunes on it. Man I spent so many years spamming up the chat channels on di.fm with other ravers chair dancing our way through the workday lol :D See me Here and Breathe are two amazing tracks off this set. If you like to go on a trip, I recommend Art of Trance most seriously. In my top 3 producers of all time. Unreal compositions!

|
    |
    |
    V

https://www.mixcloud.com/tsushimamasaki/crystal-tokyo/

Gosh, I'm not even sure what categories of EDM my submission were from, some of them are part trance I think :pac:
    Sure ye can tell me if / when they appear later :D

Get the feeling this tournament is going to be the trance heads against everyone else :pac:

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Get the feeling this tournament is going to be the trance heads against everyone else :pac:

We'll probably lose so lol

107 unique songs entered for this. If there are no more nominations I'll add in some of the more obvious songs that are missing to get to 128 and start there.

I'll throw together some random ones in the next while.... cant decide on what to put in so it'll be an eclectic mix

107 unique songs entered for this. If there are no more nominations I'll add in some of the more obvious songs that are missing to get to 128 and start there.

Well if you want another 10??? ;)

ari101 wrote: »
    Well if you want another 10??? ;)

Send another 2 if you like. Some cheeky buggers already did without asking :pac:

Rikand wrote: »
    Jaysis, I didnt submit any Matt Darey ones but he had some great songs. Liberation and See the Sun. I still listen to See the Sun all the time. Its a great long shower tune :D

I used to listen to the TranceMatch when I first started getting into trance. Had some great tunes on it. 3 of which I have sent in coincidentally lol

And I spent years listening to the trance channels on di.fm all the time too. This set from Tsushima Masaki just had so many great tunes on it. Man I spent so many years spamming up the chat channels on di.fm with other ravers chair dancing our way through the workday lol :D See me Here and Breathe are two amazing tracks off this set. If you like to go on a trip, I recommend Art of Trance most seriously. In my top 3 producers of all time. Unreal compositions!

|
    |
    |
    V

https://www.mixcloud.com/tsushimamasaki/crystal-tokyo/

Here's a great set from tiesto from 2000

its laminated, some probably nominated already but i just couldn't leave them off

Send another 2 if you like. Some cheeky buggers already did without asking :pac:

Sent 2 more... whittling it down be like ;)

giphy.gif

I submitted my ..... 12.... favourite tunes of all time. They might not be the best or most well known but I love them all for different reasons and they all remind me of a particular good time in my life so thats why they went in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Forgot about this completely, just sent a few of the classics, just in case no one else has submitted them :)

Alright I should be free to start this Tuesday next week.

Still accepting noms until then

Actually screw it I'll start it tomorrow morning :D

Advertisement