Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposal declined query

Options
  • 20-05-2021 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Quick query in relation to son as named driver
    I see this on the policy terms "named driver has never had a proposal declined"
    My son was in the habit of randomly checking for insurance quotes for himself before i decided to put him on my policy
    I've asked him did he have any proposals declined when he was checking , he says no but is the above something you could actually do inadvertently and render my policy void ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't think simply being declined for a quote would be what they're talking about. Because lots of the time, people ask for a quote for a car they might be thinking of buying and they could be refused a quote, based on the age or c.c. of the car. But it's nothing to do with the driver being considered an unacceptable risk.

The question here is: is there a difference between a proposal and a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Obtaining, or being refused, a quote is not the same as a proposal. A proposal is when you wish to accept a quote (indication) and move towards contract fulfilment by providing the full details required by an insurer to effect cover.

Advertisement