Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do these Mercedes Sprinter seats fold into a bed??

Options
  • 20-05-2021 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a Mercedes Sprinter conversion and I am having difficulty in understanding how the front drivers seat folds down into a bed..

There is a folding table behind the drivers seat and then a seat behind the table again and I know that somehow the whole lot folds flat into one long single sleeper but for the life of me I can`t figure out how...

I have a large cushion that goes in the middle of the two seats around where the table would ordinarily be and I can see by the shape of one end of the cushion that it matches with the shape of the bottom of the drivers seat but there is nothing to support the middle of the cushion when I lay it flat between the two seats. ie - If I were to lay on it, the middle would just collapse underneath.

See photos attached...Thanks for any advice.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/43zFJU25w3xB4Uan6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Usually the table supports the middle cushion, and the drivers seat turns around to allow the feet to sit on the seat.
    There is usually a way to drop the table to the correct height, My one unscrews to half the height and then locks back into place on the wall on a lower rail.
    I don't know if yours has been finished correctly to do that though, it may need to have another rail installed at the lower height.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Usually the table supports the middle cushion, and the drivers seat turns around to allow the feet to sit on the seat.
    There is usually a way to drop the table to the correct height, My one unscrews to half the height and then locks back into place on the wall on a lower rail.
    I don't know if yours has been finished correctly to do that though, it may need to have another rail installed at the lower height.

Thanks for that mate ..I discovered that there is a shelf below the back seat on the right hand side of the photo that slides out and up towards the driver seat and then the table lowers and rests on that as it's support...

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement