Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domina Sky Atlantic

Options
  • 20-05-2021 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen a thread on this, it started last week with a double episode.

Not bad so far anyway I thought.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Tom Holland, the historian, gave a good account of it on his podcast "The Rest is History".

"The life and rise of Livia Drusilla, the powerful wife of the Roman emperor Augustus Caesar."

Stars Liam Cunningham as well.

It's big in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

It's all available on Sky, I think there is eight episodes.
    Watched them all it was a decent watch, but very forgettable.
    I can't remember half the people's names!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Saw 10 minutes of it. Looked like a re-hash of that Spartacus series with Xena warrior princess in it, ie selling sex and brutality in the ancient world. Meh.

Saw 10 minutes of it. Looked like a re-hash of that Spartacus series with Xena warrior princess in it, ie selling sex and brutality in the ancient world. Meh.

Like a PG version of Spartacus from what I saw.
    Very forgettable characters
    Struggled through first episode. Didn't bother with second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Think I'll give this a miss then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

First 30 mins were woeful, then it got good, well watchable. Episode three tonight and the whole cast have changed, it’s 11 years on.. the whole cast, it’s really annoying, just as I was settling in to it. It’s really off putting, the actress who now plays Livia has an accent.. ones that did have accent, now don’t.. not to mention there is no resemblance at all to original cast, guess work as to who is who. I was looking forward to starting ep 3 tonight, 20 odd mins in and I’m turning off.
    Casting is atrocious, some great acting and then some genuinely secondary school play stuff.
    Pity!

Advertisement