Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Soda Stream - gas replacements

Options
  • 20-05-2021 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Anyone else finding it difficult to get replacement canisters at the moment?
    We're based in Dublin; Swords/Lucan area and Harvey Normans & Argos have been out of stock for weeks.
    Any advise appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

hey I was just about to put up a similar post. Tried Argos in St Stephen's Green the other day and they said no Argos have them at the moment due to Brexit, I was all excited about shops opening up so I could have sparkling water again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

theres a big thread on the food forum about soda streams if thats any help

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Yes, Argos blame brexit. I went as far as getting onto Sodastream UK via Twitter (which I only use for complaining and moaning to companies). Anyway several DM's later during which they repeatedly told me to go to HN or Argos even though I told them there was no stock. I just gave up.

Basically, they don't care. Very poor service from Sodastream. Brexit my a$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭oirishfruitie

ec_pc wrote: »
    Yes, Argos blame brexit. I went as far as getting onto Sodastream UK via Twitter (which I only use for complaining and moaning to companies). Anyway several DM's later during which they repeatedly told me to go to HN or Argos even though I told them there was no stock. I just gave up.

Basically, they don't care. Very poor service from Sodastream. Brexit my a$$.

It's very frustrating. You buy the Sodastream, but now can't rely on it as have no clue when going to get a replacement canister. Like you say, you'd think Sodastream would be concerned that their Irish customers can't get a canister. Regret the purchase now and HM should really be warning any customers of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Totally agree, terrible service from Sodastream. Checking Argos tomorrow and then getting back onto Sodastream. I love a battle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

They have them in Harvey Norman. I got some replacement ones today, 22 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thatjamesbyrne

Hi - we have a business called Faerly and we have a cylinder exchange programme and you'll find all the info on how it works on our website. Just google Faerly CO2 Exchange.

A brief overview is:

We give you €10 back for every empty returned as credit off your next order of gas

New gas cylinders are €30, free delivery on orders over €75 - we ship from Ireland with DPD

You can send us back any quantity or brand of standard gas cylinders (sodastream, aarke etc.)

The cost to return the empties is a flat shipping fee of €7 for any number of empties so we recommend letting a few build up to spread the cost

You have a few options to return them, you can send back via DPD pickup shop or we can book a collection from your home with DPD.

Or you you can drop them to us for free any time, we're based in Kilcullen, Co. Kildare

We're a small and 100% Irish business with 1200+ 5-star reviews

Just let me know if you have any questions,

James

Advertisement