Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Fulcrum Racing 4 Vs Campagnolo Scirocco

• 19-05-2021 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭ DaveyDave

Can't see much posted about Fulcrum wheels here. Got a set of Zonda disc wheels but unfortunately my bike has a 15mm front thru axle so they're being returned. I have a good history with Campag as a heavy rider at 110kg, their entry level Khamsin wheels held up where similar priced wheels would pop spokes.

Upgraded to Zondas a few years ago and had no bother with them. Scirocco would be a safe bet but I have my eye on the Fulcrum Racing 4. They're €100 less, 50g lighter, slightly deeper at 35mm and come with the 15mm adaptor. Reviews seem to suggest the Scirocco are over 1,800g.

One poster on here who's a similar weight said they're good wheels. User reviews are very hit and miss though, broken spokes, hubs giving out after a few months etc. Need something solid for my commuter and I'm a bit nervous to move away from Campag but I know Fulcrum are similar in many ways.

Can anyone comment on the Fulcrum Racing 4 or 5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭ crosstownk

I've two bikes - one on Zondas and the other on Fulcrum R3s. Little or no difference. The Fulcrums were on my 'good' bike and the Zondas on the winter/commuter. Last year I got a new pair of Zondas for the 'good' bike and after 9,500km of service I put the Fulcrums on the winter bike. I've put up over 5,000km on them over the winter months on the roads and streets of Dublin without no issues whatsoever.

I doubt you'll have any issue with the Fulcrums - they're a sub brand of Campagnolo so quality and build is almost identical.

Advertisement