Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to start?

Options
  • 19-05-2021 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance. Very much a n00b post.

I’m based in North County Dublin and looking into solar. My letterbox is usually stuffed full of flyers from various companies. Any Googling I do is dominated by paid search results. It’s hard to know who to trust.

I get that there are rules around promoting specific suppliers on the forum but I literally have no idea who to approach for quotes. At the risk of filling my inbox with spam I’d really appreciate if anyone could PM me the names of some reputable companies that I could talk to.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'd highly recommend reading this thread from start to finish at least twice, make notes of systems that could suit you and then PM those who posted good quotes.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058055040

There is also a 2018 version of that thread and this is also well worthwhile investing time in.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

slave1 wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend reading this thread from start to finish at least twice, make notes of systems that could suit you and then PM those who posted good quotes.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058055040

There is also a 2018 version of that thread and this is also well worthwhile investing time in.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I’ve been through that thread a few times alright (been lurking for a while) - and I’m starting to get a handle on the tech (still lots to learn though).

Advertisement