Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air 2 Water

Options
  • 18-05-2021 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi.
    As a self builder I am looking at pricing plumbing at the moment . House is 190 sq m ..100 down and 90 up. Underfloor heating down and up planned.
    My query is currently I am going to plumbers saying ‘here are my drawing , please price my house.. my DEAP says 5km Air 2 water pump’

It’s then with them to come back with what they think in terms of heat pump type etc...
    Basically, they are designing it?.. is that peoples experience??..
    Can anyone give me a steer on heat pump brands or sizing?!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Are you going for the HP grant,
    if so, you will need a proper HLI calculation done, so TOTT guesses wont do.
    If you can't satisfy the HLI test after installation, no grant, see attached

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Moggaman

Are you going for the HP grant,
    if so, you will need a proper HLI calculation done, so TOTT guesses wont do.
    If you can't satisfy the HLI test after installation, no grant, see attached

Mine is a new build... this doesn’t apply to a new build?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Biker1

Room by room heat loss calculation required based on the actual u-values of the fabric elements and also the ventilation losses adjusted for the MVHR. Most suppliers will give you a generic heat loss figure per m2 of floor area and base the heat pump size on this. From my experience this never tallies with the correct calculation.

Advertisement