Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New graduate, wanting to move to Cork from Mayo

• 18-05-2021 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all, would really appreciate any advice you could give me on moving to Cork. I've recently finished up my studies in secondary teaching and would love to move to a different part of the country, away from home. Dublin is a non runner as thats where I went to college and obviously the expense of living there. I'd like to try Cork. I'm not sure if I would like to live/work in the city or county. Is Cork city/county a lot more affordable to live in than Dublin? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

The city forum is a lot busier then here. The more attractive areas tend to be more expensive but less so than Dublin. Most attractive towns probably Kinsale, Clonakilty and Middleton will be more attractive. If you have an idea of the kind of place you want to live than you might get some better feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Balmed Out wrote: »
    The city forum is a lot busier then here. The more attractive areas tend to be more expensive but less so than Dublin. Most attractive towns probably Kinsale, Clonakilty and Middleton will be more attractive. If you have an idea of the kind of place you want to live than you might get some better feedback.

Thank you for the reply! Mods would it be possible to have this moved to the City forum?

Advertisement