Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Can't Take Anymore!!!

Options
  • 18-05-2021 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

We have spent the last 12 month battling with Covid, endured the unending lockdowns, foregone the joy of a draught pint, forsaken the hugs of loved ones, gone for months recycling knickers and now this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

NO MORE 99's!!!

That's it!

Me & ma rifle are off to find a clocktower, I can't take this **** no more!

You'll never take me alive, Copper!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Better off with a magnum anyway.

Conespiracy Forum is that way =======>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Are the schools finished already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,235 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Muppet Man wrote: »

I see what you did there...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Conespiracy Forum is that way =======>

That's what they want you to believe...

<=======

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Muppet Man wrote: »

A handgun in a clock tower? Is this amateur hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hang in there, it might be normal soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Is that supposed to be an actual news article?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Oink wrote: »

That man has never been to a US educational facility!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

.300 WinMag

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

jimgoose wrote: »

Exactly. But if someone took 99s away from me, I would also need some emotional support from an A-10 warthog.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Exactly. But if someone took 99s away from me, I would also need some emotional support from an A-10 warthog.

Seems reasonable. The General Dynamics M61A2 is my Emotional Support rotary cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

"Ms Khan said the 99 is the top selling ice cream cone available, adding that there was no alternative that works as well as the usual flakes used for the cone."

What about Twirls? In fact wouldn't they be even better? They don't fall apart and make a big mess all over you and the floor as soon as you bite them.

Ms Khan? Sounds more like Ms Can't to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

"Ms Khan said the 99 is the top selling ice cream cone available, adding that there was no alternative that works as well as the usual flakes used for the cone."

What about Twirls? In fact wouldn't they be even better? They don't fall apart and make a big mess all over you and the floor as soon as you bite them.

I've been eating both for over 30 years and have only now realised they're pretty much the same bar. :eek:

Mind = blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

That's it!!! Solution found right there!.
    Crisis averted ... close the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Exactly! I've a Flake and a Twirl in my drawer at the moment (I don't know why) but the Twirl will be eaten first because of the relative non-flakiness and lack of mess. The Flake...only when I'm desperate/go feral.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Put a twirl in it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Rawr

Reads article....
    Ms Khan said that "by mid-July it will be tough to get 99s", adding however that Teddy’s themselves have enough flakes to get by as they have been stockpiling them.

"I even have them hidden under my bed," she said.

Yea....I'd be going with a Twirl like others here. Don't really fancy any of that bed-chocolate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Apparently it only costs less than €30 for 144 of them.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/99-flake-shortage-due-brexit-20616524

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

This should really be high on the gubberments agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/99-flake-shortage-due-brexit-20616524

That's because they're made from the chocolate sawdust from the manufacture of proper bars.

They're the MDF of confectionary.

Is there anything to be said for shaving Chocolate Buttons onto the top of the ice cream instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think I'm going more and more in the conspiracy theory direction regarding this. I think there is in fact a glut of Flakes manufactured, and Mondelez are scaring people into buying 144 for €20 or €30 so people have their own stock as home. But then, your local ice-cream man never experiences this 'shortage' so you buy your 99 ice-cream from him anyway ('cos it's handier) and you're left with your boxes of 144 Flakes.

I'm sure some people would call that a win-win situation, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

you heard what he said!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Is their shjt together or what.

Go on, give us a twirl then…

Advertisement