Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BL Touch - Installation Issue

Options
  • 17-05-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hey, was hoping someone could help.

I have a stock Ender Pro 3 with the 1.1.4 8-bit motherboard.

I installed the BL Touch today, while flashing to Marlin 1.1.9. It has apparently installed and flashed correctly.

The problem I have now is that the Z axis will not move down, only upward.

I'm using the display board adapter, I have removed the Z Stop Switch as the instructions state.

I've seen a few people have this issue, but for the life of me I cannot follow their resolution.

Did anyone have a similar issue here, and how did you resolve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Is it doing its self test on power on? (little probe sticking down/up/down/up)? You should also see a little blue led shimmer inside on the bottom).

I had a similar issue (z going down) before I noticed it wasnt doing the self test on boot, I was seeing the red LED colour though - but not the blue.

Not the same board but I had this on an ender 5 plus after upgrading to the silent board and I plugged the BL touch onto the wrong row on the board connector. (Its meant to be on row 3 of 4 and I had connected it on the first row).

Its meant to be on this one: (also check you have it the right way around - colour code for me was red/brown/orange, left to right in the below photo)).
    DFTztq6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Snaga wrote: »
    Is it doing its self test on power on? (little probe sticking down/up/down/up)? You should also see a little blue led shimmer inside on the bottom).

I had a similar issue (z going down) before I noticed it wasnt doing the self test on boot, I was seeing the red LED colour though - but not the blue.

Not the same board but I had this on an ender 5 plus after upgrading to the silent board and I plugged the BL touch onto the wrong row on the board connector. (Its meant to be on row 3 of 4 and I had connected it on the first row).

Its meant to be on this one: (also check you have it the right way around - colour code for me was red/brown/orange, left to right in the below photo)).
    DFTztq6.png

It doesn't do the self check - I didnt realise it even should be doing that. It's a red light when I power on, not a blue one.

There's no danger of wrong row on the board, because I'm using the adapter board (the one that gets plugged in to the display port). The only other wire that gets plugged into board is the one that goes where the old Z Stop connection was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Actually that may have been the problem, I think the probe was just stuck. I moved it in and out with my fingers, started her up and bob is now my uncle.

Will get stuck into levelling tomorrow! Thanks for the prompt 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Thats great - glad you got it going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Sorry for hijacking a thread, I bought a bl touch,have it all connected up, but cannot get the firmware part of it sorted, from which site to downloading and extracting the files, I have the Ender 3 pro 4.2.2 board

• Advertisement
Advertisement