Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Declaring car off the road while waiting to sell?

• 17-05-2021 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ MayBee

Hi all, I’m trying to sell my car and the tax is out since the end of March, so do I need to declare it of the road ? If I don’t what happens ? All advice welcome, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭ Buffman

MayBee wrote: »
    he tax is out since the end of March, so do I need to declare it of the road ? If I don’t what happens ?

Hi. You can't as it needs to be declared before the tax runs out. Nothing will happen you as presumably the car is off the road. It will only be an issue if you want to tax the car again or are still using the car.

The new owner taxes the car as normal from the month they become owner or they can declare it off road, once it's sold tax isn't your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ MayBee

That’s great, thanks for your reply

Advertisement