Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4 App

Options
  • 17-05-2021 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭

Has anyone the TG4 app on a Smart TV?
    I have the app on an LG TV. It seems to play archived content fine, but not live content or the TG4+1 or TG4+2 stream.
    I tried this today without success, but did get things working on my Android tablet app.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I use it on an Android box and it's always ceart go leor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

sugarman wrote: »
    Have it on my Sony Android TV, all working fine.

Could it be an issue with your internet connection on the TV rather than the app?

The IP number is in Dublin and of course the tablet would be using the same IP number as the TV.

I think it thinks I am abroad. I had fiddled previously with the TV location to install the All4 app, so I thought perhaps this was the problem, but the TV location is clearly Ireland now and I have reinstalled the app twice. Not sure how I can convince it otherwise short of a restore factory settings, which will kill my All4 app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

I have it on the Fire Stick, seems to work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

sugarman wrote: »
    I meant more of an issue with speed, I needed a wired connection on my TV as the Wifi signal was too weak. It worked OK for streaming, but live broadcasts kept buffering or wouldn't load at all.

It is connected by Ethernet cable to a 250Mb/sec Virgin hub, I wouldn't expect a problem that way.

Anyhow it is working today, I turned everything off and when it got going again it seemed satisfied tá mé in Éirinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Has anyone the TG4 app on a Smart TV?
    I have the app on an LG TV. It seems to play archived content fine, but not live content or the TG4+1 or TG4+2 stream.
    I tried this today without success, but did get things working on my Android tablet app.

how did you get it on an LG tv? i dont have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement