Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparkles on RTE 1

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Anyone seeing occasional sparkles on RTE 1 (a few every couple of seconds at times, sometimes less)?

In Swords from Three Rock.

Thought it might be my HDMI cable or box but seeing it on 2 boxes (Gigablue and Zgemma). RTE 1 seems to be only channel impacted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sparkling is a reception problem, in the days of analog you'd get a snowstorm, with digital it's sparkling.

Are those boxes fed from the same aerial? It sounds like your aerial isn't optimised for the spread of chanels (30 & 33) coming from 3R. I use an indoor aerial in the bedroom (my signal is from 3R) and often get sparkling on RTE1 or lose it altogether but there's never a probem with the other channels.

Consider replacing the aerial with a Group A (red tip).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭dam099

coylemj wrote: »
    Sparkling is a reception problem, in the days of analog you'd get a snowstorm, with digital it's sparkling.

Are those boxes fed from the same aerial? It sounds like your aerial isn't optimised for the spread of chanels (30 & 33) coming from 3R. I use an indoor aerial in the bedroom (my signal is from 3R) and often get sparkling on RTE1 or lose it altogether but there's never a probem with the other channels.

Consider replacing the aerial with a Group A (red tip).

Yes, same Aerial to both boxes, it about tolerable so may leave it for now but if it starts to bother me more will consider that, thanks.

Advertisement