Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endometriosis

Options
  • 16-05-2021 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys! I'm new here and just looking to see if anyone has any similar experiences to me please and any advice please :)
    I have a fair few symptoms, irregular periods, ibs symptoms (pins and needles in my stomach & bowel, cramps galore, severe abdominal pain, etc etc), migraines & dizziness (dizzy even without the migraine), I get pain in my back and in my knees and legs, and the fatigue I get just doesn't feel normal. And a few more symptoms that I haven't listed.
    I've been through tests : both scopes, ultrasound abdominal, pelvic and internal. Intolerance testing too. I've tried numerous diets through a nutritionist to even manage the ibs like symptoms, nothing ever works.
    Over the last number of months I'm just getting worse and worse, it's horrendous how miserable I feel. Really starting to affect my mental health badly. I've had to call in sick to work, which then makes me feel just useless.
    I've been referred to a gyne after being admitted to a&e, I'm waiting on the appointment.
    I'm just wondering has anyone had a similar experience? I'm leaning towards endometriosis being cause because of the symptoms, plus that it is usually hereditary and my mother has it. Has anyone had all these tests done and shown nothing, and had to get keyhole to diagnose them? Is it literally just the laparoscopy surgery that can diagnose endometriosis? Feel like I'm going mad because nothing has shown up in any test!!
    Thanks a million in advance :)

Advertisement